20051013

mystery shopping

so i got a mystery shop today.
i can't decide if it is completely against my morals or not.
mystery shopping, on the one hand, tis cool - i get to check out places i normally wouldn't go, and usually to places i haven't been before (Daly City [Daily - Shitty], for instance, today). It's also interesting to know which companies like to have this done. Tells you they are expecting a certain standard for their employees. I think I like that.

But (he bolded) the majority of the shops are not used to make sure that shoppers are getting excellent service at their local pizza joint. The majority are designed to reward (or punish) the employees at the local pizza joint, or movie theater, or amusement park, where the customer is to be UPSOLD. "Ok, sir, that's a pepperoni pizza slice, and small coke and a churro. Would you like to upsize that coke to a large? [does anyone remember the slogan that burker king [or was it mcdonalds?] used to make the meal sides (fries, rings, the drink) Ginormous, "GO LARGE!" {america follows - "Make me fat!" they screamed.})
ok, sidebar over, anyway, so I'm having a hard time with it.

IN fact, I wrote this post in draft on August 23. I've since quit since then, for a variety of reasons (hate it, they don't pay enough for the trouble, they pay slow, not to mention the moral annoyance).

1 comment:

FranklinMinty said...

Ha! I used to be a mystery shopper in England for a bit. I got to go to pubs and order drinks and food, then go check out their toilets to see if they were clean...

That, and time in my head how long it took to be greated at the local KFC.

speedtest - careful!

Speakeasy Speed Test