20061012

i really like radiohead.

I've seen them a few times, including once in a pub in oxford (if my memory serves [usually it won't serve me {sometimes we quarrel}] right) in early 1991.

So i bumped into this band here, The Easy Star All-Stars version of OK Computer. And i really didn't like it, until i smacked into Karma Police. Holy shivers. Not to be not mentioned, we are not Let Down by the track of the same name.
Kinda like when you first hear Luther Wright & the Wrongs doing Pink Floyd's The Wall*. And they tear into In The Flesh, and you shudder like Ian McShane in Sexy Beast (Also, who doesn't love McShane as Swearengen in "Cocksuckerwood"? And her'e s Mr. Wu's take on everything).


* - the Easy Star's also are somewhat famous for their Dub Side of the Moon project. I think it is, mostly, meh.

p.s. - big ups to the chadfox, who posted up a great concert in SF history. More to come? I hope so!

No comments:

speedtest - careful!

Speakeasy Speed Test