20050810

bevan

So i emailed Gavin Newsom and Bevan Dufty in regards to my stolen car. I thought that maybe by contacting my local government authorities (Gav's the mayor, Bevan my supervisor) they could, how you say, expedite the process of finding my stolen car.

Bevan actually wrote me back, and cc'd 7 of his friends/associates/colleagues in the SFPD and the SF DPT. I am very impressed with his response. His email spoke of each of the people cc'd, how he knew them, what their role is in local govt, and their phone number.

I have received phone calls from a police officer each day since then, apprising me of the situation (car not found) and what they are trying to do to find it. Hell, even if its all bluff and they aren't doing anything, it feels better to have someone contacting you about it. L's car was stolen, and her friend found it 3 days later, before the police even had put it into the system. I'm impressed with Bevan's help.

Sidebar: I took a course on the history of the American City last semester. Learning about bosses, their reform, and finally good govt (goo-goo) I suppose influenced me in contacting Bevan. I think there isn't enough of this kind of communication between govt and the people. It's refreshing. I heart SF, even though my car was stolen.

I'm now resigned to waiting for either a friend or the police to contact me alerting me that my car has been located. That's really the thing that happens. DPT finds it, after the thief is finished with it (out of gas) and it's been parked somewhere where it's about to get a ticket. Computer tells the DPT peep that it's stolen, DPT contacts Police, Police contact me. I get about 20 minutes to get to my car before it's towed to the yard. Either that, or it's being chopped for parts.

Updates to continue. Go Bevan. Got my vote.

3 comments:

Cement Brunette said...

I always thought that 20 minutes rule was cruel. HEY, We found your car. Let's see if you can get here in 20 minutes without it to rescue it? Although it would make for a nice 80's style movie montage type scene...

missmobtown said...

I'm totally impressed you got a response from Bevan. Way to impress the constituency! Would it be better at this point to just take the insurance money and run?

FranklinMinty said...

Always fade out in a montage,
If you fade out, it seem like more time
Has passed in a montage,
Montage

oh yeah - nice one bev

speedtest - careful!

Speakeasy Speed Test